Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

San Diego : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info150
  • Home Buying959
  • Home Selling104
  • Market Conditions78

Activity 3,047
A few hours ago
Niki Campbell answered:
Hello Dmitri,

I am a mortgage lender with HomeStreet Bank, I specialize in VA and Construction loans but our bank offers competitive rates for Physician Loans. Here is a link to our program guidelines, which includes exceptions on DTI pertaining student loans! (

Give me a call at (619)550-7541 if you're still looking for more information.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
... more
0 votes 36 answers Share Flag
Yesterday at 6:09pm
Markscottsd answered:
Absolutely. I attended Second Chance three years ago. Second Chance offers job placement assistance such as interview skills, resumes and even job placement. Second Chance was very helpful in landing a job for me. They also gave me a place to stay until i was able to get on my feet. I strongly recommend Second Chance. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 26, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
A trailer is "personal property" like buying a car. It is not real estate. Therefore, just like a car, does California law allow 3 days or so for you to return a vehicle? If not, then you are stuck with it. You need to research California laws for vehicles and buying from a private party. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 26, 2017
KK asked:
to use it. For future listings, do I have to post the ad on truly, zillow and hotpads separately or just one is enough. Thanks. Also, the help center in truly is not working.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 24, 2017
Randall Ortiz answered:
For California only, we work with ITIN loans. In order to get an ITIN loan, you will need at least 20% down, two years tax returns, 60 days bank statements, 30 days paystubs, ITIN documentation, drivers license and we will also run your credit. We only operate in California. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 22, 2017
Derek Jones answered:
An appraisal is one person's opinion of value and opinions differ from person to person and they can differ even more when using different comps. Just because a home appraised at a certain price doesn't mean that's what a buyer is willing to pay for it. Ultimately it is your home and you can list it for whatever price you'd like and you are free to keep interviewing agents until you get the price you want. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 22, 2017
Rd90031 answered:
655, this score will Qualify. Each loan broker has a different scoring system.
Remember to pay off amounts over six thousand first.
Give it thirty to forty five days before it will change your payment and debt record. ... more
0 votes 88 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 22, 2017
delorrel answered:
In California, the cost of sending HOA documents to escrow is regulated by the Davis-Sterling Act. It is supposed to be related to the actual cost to produce and deliver. These forms are usually are copied, bundled and stocked to be sent to the escrow company. upon request. The average cost is about $150 and paid by the owner. However many HOA's pad these costs and feel entitled to charge whatever they want. If the cost is over $300 the owner should contact his city or county attorney and ask for intervention. The buyer, if they spot an outrageous charge for these forms cost should think carefully about closing the deal. It is an indication that your future HOA will probably be bilking you after you after you move-in. California has yet to put teeth into this form of cheating and ignoring the law. The seller should stipulate the cost be split between the buyer if over $300. In the alternative, you can ask your sales person to pay the excess amount out of his or her commission, which they will probably do to save the sale. The California legislature has refused to investigate this problem. ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 21, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Hi, Donna, was there a question? Are you a Realtor? If you are a Realtor you can read about Copyright Issues For REALTORS here

Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 19, 2017
Sharona Sarafian answered:
Have you been in Down Town Los Angeles these past few years?? If not you should definitely visit. Great investment opportunities are still available.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 12, 2017
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Joshaugustine, yes you may qualify FHA 10% down with fico scores between 500-579 and from only 3.5% down from a minimum 580 fico score. You may qualify with a contract for a job or with one month paystubs, depends. FHA allows up to 2k in collections without having to pay them off or count a payment factor.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

You need to go thru the numbers to put together a game plan to make an informed decision. I am only licensed in CA and have access to the mls, multiple listings services, for access to homes for rent and sale.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve any agent can email listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

If you can get your scores up to 640 you may consider down payment and closing cost assistance programs which you can close with minimal out of pocket expenses.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 12, 2017
Gagee101 answered:
Sat Jun 10, 2017
anton ringer asked:
We have two older dogs and a senior cat, is there any rentals that allow more than 2 pets? Im having a very difficult time finding a place to rent.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 9, 2017
Zoe5101 answered:
To anyone interested In making an offer on a corporate relocation property, I urge you to always get a real estate attorney to review paperwork and contracts. The real estate agents are not trained in corporate relo and are less likely to educate the buyer on how and why the contract differs from a regular sale. There is more risk in buying a corporate relocation home due to their "waiver" and then the "we aren't responsible since we didn't live in the home" position they take when you have serious problems due to non-disclosure of sellers etc. Take away: if you love the house, get a real estate attorney to go through contracts and paperwork. Also, demand that the actual relocation company get a home inspection and provide you with report. Compare with your home inspection reports. Ask for all repairs and termite reports for previous years on property, you can get all termite reports from your state board if the sellers dont provide them as they are supposed to. Remember, a corporate relocation company gives the home owners an "easier out", they are less likely to be honest because they know that the relocation company will be taking responsibility for sale in escrow. Remember, if you dont want a potential life altering nightmare on your hands, keep looking and buy a house the traditional way. Reach out to your local state real estate board for more checks and balances with relocation sales, there needs to be more added protection for home buyer and more training for any agent involved in a relocation sale. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 9, 2017
Derek Jones answered:
If you want legal advice talk to an attorney. But a change such as a new lease would be a cause to redisclose which they have done. You can always cancel
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 8, 2017
jennifer asked:
i dont have very good credit from my past and have paid alot of it off but its all been late... i will get a job once i rent a place. I just need someone to let me move in pay a years rent…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 8, 2017
jennifer asked:
I need to find a place to live in 2 weeks. the air bnb weve been at since jan. is booked for summer. I will pay upfront 1 yr in advance if someone will rent to me, I have a dog and boyfriend…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 6, 2017
Cinco asked:
Tue Jun 6, 2017
Sally Grenier answered:
I'm confused. You cannot "buy" a property at a "sheriff sale" if the property still belongs to the owner, and hasn't been through foreclosure yet. Did you close on the property?? Or just make a bid on it? Sounds like you need to talk to an attorney and see what it is you actually bought. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice