Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Los Angeles : Real Estate Advice

  • All4K
  • Local Info288
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling209
  • Market Conditions75

Activity 4,441
Yesterday at 5:30pm
Dana Denison asked:
I live in a building that falls under the RSO, not sure if my unit is rent stabilized (is this easy to find out?). New owner has raised rent 10% - legal limit is 3%. Can he do this?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 27, 2017
Absinc2001 answered:
this is so hilarious to see all these comments.... some are kind, some are professional, some frustrated, some angry, some informative.... some just not necessary.... wow.... what has the world come to. I just wanted a ball park range, didn't know I would find all of this... legal/illegal... lol ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 26, 2017
Sigalhaziza asked:
Fri Mar 24, 2017
Deannadsims asked:
Fri Mar 24, 2017
Deannadsims asked:
Thu Mar 23, 2017
S3rin313 answered:
Hi my name is Erin Sipes, & I'm looking for help. I have no idea where to start so I started on the first page I found. My grandma is selling her house after being in it since 1950. My mom, myself, sister, & all our kids grew up here in this home I call "the families safe haven". No matter how far apart our family moved away from each other & with all the changes our family went through we always had grandmas house to find each other again.. It's been the only solid thing in this family. I have lived on and off at this house most of my life. For the past 4years I have lived in the home with her taking care of her full time. She is wanting to sell it to be closer to my mom since her cerebral palsy son that she took care of all her life has passed my mom is the only child she has left. So I'm devastated at the thought of this house no longer being here as the solid foundation of this family. As I know my grandma is heart broken at the thought of leaving her home too, but feels it's become to much responsibility for her now. With a reverse mortgage on the home and more then half of its value has been used up for grandma to survive on the last 10 years it makes it impossible for someone like me with no credit or equity to get a loan to pay the bank off! So now my 2 kids & I are looking for a place and it being a real bad time since my husband and I just separated I'm left with really no clue what to do now. All I know is I'm desperate to some how keep the house. So my question is... Since I'm obviously not able to buy the home to save it my next desperate attempt would be finding someone who might be interested in investing in buying the home to rent it out to me? Is there someone out there that could pls point me in the right direction? Please help! Desperate to save grandmas home! Thank you and God bless! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 21, 2017
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Refub, you will need to qualify and have 15% down for the purchase of an investment property to rent out. You may possibly consider the 203k loan to remodel your rental properties.

You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. You will need to gather some documentation for each applicant.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve any agent can email listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO and Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 18, 2017
Ninamoon75 answered:
Fri Mar 17, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Hi, Paul. We speak Mandarin (Taiwan official language) and Cantonese. We have a loan broker in our office. You or your client can contact Annie @ 626 226 7862 for help and more information. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 14, 2017
Christine.woods32 answered:
If believe this blog post your credit score is not so good. Yes, you could be qualified for load, depends on who your lender is. But, if you are not in hurry to buy a home, I would rather recommend you to raise your credit score by at least 7-10%. Then you will find a lender much easier.

And remember when getting a portfolio loan, your entire picture is considered, not just your credit scores.
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
What do you want to know? We specialize in the San Gabriel Valley, but I'm sure you could find a local Realtor in San Pedro to help you. Not every Realtor knows how to find information on foreclosures, so find one that does. Best of luck to you! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
You should ask your Realtor and your escrow officer as it depends on the terms of your purchase agreement. They should be able to explain all of the fees to your complete satisfaction; they work for you! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Suej answered:
we are trying to buy a house and the selling agent is holding offers for over a week can this be done legally
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 12, 2017
Plmurellsinlet answered:
what can happen if you decide not to sell your house after you have had it on the market for a month and 1/2. No one has made me an offer and I am 87 years old.
0 votes 29 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 10, 2017
Doug.miller.ny answered:
I'm looking at the same issue but I'm converting from 6 to 4 units due to the insurance issues. iI can get Home owners insurance for a 4 unit building but any higher I have to have commercial insurance. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 9, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
It's a lendable score. I would suggest that you talk to a lender or two if you are planning to obtain a loan.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice